My daughter wont go to sleep until 2 am! with more details...

My husband cheated on me last month, so instead of getting a divorce before he deploys next month, we opted for separate bedrooms, meaning my 18 month old daughter sleeps in my room now. Its been 4 days now, and each night it is way after midnight before she goes to sleep. Now, the husband and I dont argue in front of her, so there is no yelling, but obvious tension.
I know the change is scenery probably has a lot to do with her lack of sleeping now, but is there anything I can do to help her until she can have her room back next month?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All I can say is bless your heart, good luck with everything...and she was a part of you...inside and you still have a strong bond so when you feel bad..she can feel it. I would try relaxing yourself and then maybe she will relax more and go to sleep sooner...I sure do hope things get better for you..I have never gone through that but I watched my parents go through it after I left home and I tell you right now..I wish had happened when I was little enough to not know whats going on.
    ajjc775

Answer by ajjc775 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• When he deploys are you separating? Working things out? If you arent wanting to save this relationship, then move out and get your own place. That way you can establish some normalcy to her life. If you are planning to try and save your marriage, then make him sleep on the couch until he deploys and give that girl some space so you can get some sleep. Good Luck!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 5:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I agree with the above... why displace your daughter to make your cheating husband comfortable? Put him on the couch and give your daughter her room back
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 1:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• WELL, THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS, BUT THATS HOW THINGS WERE FOR A FEW WEEKS......LOSER HUSBAND WAS ON THE COUCH, AND THEN HE WOULD SLEEP IN ON THE COUCH UNTIL 2 PM ON THE WEEKENDS, HIS ACU'S WERE SCATTERED ALL OVER DOWNSTAIRS AND THE HOUSE JUST STANK AND LOOKED DIRTY. THATS WHY I MOVED HIM INTO A BEDROOM. I KNOW THAT MAY NOT BE A GOOD EXCUSE TO DISPLACE MY DAUGHTER, BUT I FIGURED IT WOULD BE SAFER THAN HER HAVE TO TRY AND PLAY WITH HER TOYS AROUND HIS CRAP.
    Anonymous

• Since you have decided to keep her in your room for obvious reasons, when she's awake, don't look at her, talk to her, keep the light off. Even if she doesn't fall asleep, she will know its not play time.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 7:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• So I am assuming you are not moving out because you still wan tto live there once he is gone, but why not kick his ass out? Let him sleep on HER couch. If you are going to try and work things out when he gets back then maybe sleep in your daughters room with her. She isn't sleeping because she is wanting her own bed. If she is still in a crib, move the crib to your room.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 7:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Kids are smart...she probably knows that something is up with you guys and that is probably the reason for her not getting to sleep. My hat is off to you...don't know how you do it but be strong girl and if you need a shoulder to lean on...don't be afraid to give me a shout! I'am always happy to have a new friend and to help. Take care!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I agree with some of the other moms... let your daughter have her room, or you sleep in HER room with her to keep things more normal for her. Best wishes to you and your daughter!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2008