Does anyony know or have info on government loans that are free don't have to pay back any info will be appreciated thank you

clarie614

Asked by clarie614 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• i've heard of that but I don't know where you can apply for that, just becareful because theres alot of scamers that trick you that there going to give you one from the government and they just want your personal information, I remember there was this time when there was a man calling over here over and over again asking us for our account number to deposit a check from the government that suppousably we didnt have to pay back, but thank God we didnt fall for it, because some old lady did...and it came out on t.v. and they took all her money, poor old lady.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 7:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• They're not loans if you don't pay them back. Those are grants. The only ones I really know anything about are for education. I know there are ones out there for people wanting to start their own businesses and stuff like that too.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 7:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I had some edu grants when I went to college the FA office took care of all that for me though. I also get spam all the time about gov grants that I might qualify for and a friend of mine sent for a book from one of the spam emails. First it said she would have to pay $1 for shipping and it turned out to be $29.95 so she got ripped off. She still hasn't gotten a book either and it has been like a month.So watch out for scammers.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• that would be a grant my dear, and the guy in the wierd suit with dollar signs on it comes to mind. You know the really loud one on commercials telling you how to get free money from the gov. Sorry thats all I can think of
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Check out this site: www.squidoo.com/getmecredit.  There is a section about grants there.

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:39 AM on Jan. 23, 2009