last minute advice?

Leaving home at 230am to the hospital. I'm going to be induced due to my blood pressure and I'm overdue, any advice? What to take? What to avoid? Should I go to sleep or try to sleep when I get there?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i took my own pads because the ones at the hp were huge and i am built small. a rob i loved mine in the hp. and the baby gowns i loved those too when we were in the hp. they were so easy to change a diaper and it made the people who worked there real easy too.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Bring your own underwear (something you're not afraid to toss), and some big pads, cuz the things they give you in the hospital are horrendous.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Try and get some sleep. With Pitocyn the contractions are stronger and will hurt and you won't get any sleep. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I would try to sleep. As far as what to take, a night gown, change of clothes, slippers, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair tie (if you have long hair), baby's going home clothes and blanket, car seat. Diapers, wipes, desitin, baby powder (if you're going to use either of those) unless you want to pay for the ones the hospital gives you!! That should be good as long as you have someone that can run home for you if you need something else. I was induced and had to stay a couple extra days because the Pitocin they gave me gave me horrible headaches to the point I couldn't move without throwing up. So I needed shampoo, and bathroom stuff. Oh yeah, PADS, unless you're ok with the HUGE ones the hospital gives you, or and getting charged for them too!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• take a Tylenol pm and go to sleep. Eat well now because they will starve you. Don't over pack because you won't use half of what you take. Do take lots of socks because my water broke twice at my last birth and there went two pairs of socks right there and my feet were always cold so I wore 2 pairs.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If you have long hair bring some conditioner because the shampoo they give you does not help long hair!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't bring diapers and wipes though they give you a bunch there.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• you go to sleep right now!! becuase once you get to that hospital, you're not gonna get Any sleep. and when you do after the baby is born, nurses come and check on you Every 4 hours.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• p.s. congratulations!! you're gonna be a mommy tomorrow!
    tnteaton

• Good Luck! Whatever you need you can get. Don't worry about what to bring it's all an expirence of a life time I wouldn't have missed for the world
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 8:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009