What happened to Grover? And where is Cookie Monster?

I tuned into a couple of Sesame Streets show these past few days and didn't see Grover or Cookie Monster. Do they show them anymore or are they gone like Kermit?

starbucks81

Asked by starbucks81 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I saw Grover the other day:)
    Anonymous

• They show all of them. I have seen Cookie Monster, Kermit, and Grover. I don't see them often, but they do appear.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I guess I should be more patient and look out for them. My little girl fave is Elmo but it might be because she hadn't see Cookie Monster or Grover yet. LOL I knew Cookie Monster my fave monster.
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I never see them anymore, either! Don't see Snuffy the Snuffalufagus either.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 7:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i was told that they turned cookie monster to veggie monster cause alot of little kids r over weight and they want them to be healthier...im like i grew up on that show...hehehe...sooo i like it just the way it was...i think we should protest against them to turn it back to the old ways!!!!!!!!!!!
    krystalmarie857

Answer by krystalmarie857 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Good ol' PBS still airs the "old school" episodes. Also, look for the show titled, "Play With Me, Seasame" The 'stars' are Ernie and Bert, Grover, Prairie Dawn, and The Cookie Monster
    (he still eats cookies, but makes a point to talk about moderation.............bummer!)
    Anonymous

• sprout has play with me sesame, and the main characters on it are cookie monster, grover, prarie dawn, and bert and ernie. my son likes them all, thankfully. he likes elmo, but i'm so glad he also likes cookie monster and big bird. there's only so much elmo i can take.
    Rachel_May

Answer by Rachel_May at 12:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2009