How do you choose which country to adopt from? International adoption

I mean it seems to effect which agency you choose so how do you begin to pick which country?

EDIT:Sorry I'm doing 4 things at once. We're looking into international adoption and need to choose an agency. We qualify for several countries so that really doesn't narrow it and we don't have a preferance. So I was wondering how you would choose which one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2012 in Adoption

• Id adopt from the country I lived in.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2012

• I have no idea what the in's and out's are of adoption but I guess, like Harsh, I'd start within my own country. At the very least you'd probably pick up information on adopting in other countries
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 6:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2012

• I would look at which countries I am qualified for. What areas of the world I have a special connection with or interest in. I would research which countries are the most stable with adoptions and a good track record. I would interview couples who have adopted from those countires to ask what they want other couples to know. Looking at finances would be a key factor as well. Wait time and how many trips to take over there. Some countries require more than others. It would be about finding the best fit and then waiting for a refferal to happen.
    Anonymous

• We adopted our child thru foster care website online... We considered going International for our second adoption, but have seen toooo many children brought over and adopted, then a year + later be placed up for adoption by adoptive family because needs of child are so major... We don't want to put our family into that position, and I think International adoption needs stricter laws, to keep this from happening in the future...
    TiffyTaffyApple

Answer by TiffyTaffyApple at 10:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2012

• We had a desire to adopt from China. We had that desire when we were children so it was a natural progression for us to follow through when we were old enough to begin the process.
    Let me know if you have questions.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 2:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2012

• Links to this so called problemof all these adoptees being put into foster care. You can't. There isn't an epidemic. That is ignorant.
    Anonymous

• Anon are you referring to me?? I never said the international adoptees are being placed in foster care, I said they were being replaced up for adoption by their adoptive parents! You can read about the poor children on the chask website for yourself! Www.chask.org waiting children!
    TiffyTaffyApple

Answer by TiffyTaffyApple at 11:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2012

• I would adopt in the country I lived in. There are so many children waiting for adoption right here at home.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2012

• The web site is crap.
    Anonymous

• Is there a benefit from adopting internationally versus from the country you live in?
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 6:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2012