Yeast Infection..

Hello ladies ;)
I developed a yeast infection from taking antibiotics for a urinary tract infection.
A hot mess? Yes, I know!!
I have a few questions.
1. Can I use an over an counter medication for a yeast infection at the same time as taking oral antibiotics for the urinary tract infection?
2. Whats the difference between monistat & vagisil? which one is better? Why is there 1 day, 3 day & 7 day packs?
Thanks ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• well me and hubby both had it at the sametime he worked out of town alot and it would go away and the he would come back and it would flare up again when we had sex i called the family dr and she gave us both a pill and it was great never had anymore problems. she said that wih him working in the heat and sweating he might have got it.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I would wait until I was finished with my antibiotics b/c the yeast infection could easily come back.

I would eat LOTS of yogurt until then. Any over the counter will do, I prefer the 1 day, why not its easier I think they are probably all about the same.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Wait until after you are finished taking your meds before treating or it will come back, you can use an OTC cream or you can call your Dr. to write a RX for diflucan, it is the pill and you only need to take one to get ride of the YI
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• acidopholous totally misspelled prevents yeast infections while taking antibiotics. You can find by the vitamins.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• YES, use the over the counter meds. It is very common to yet a yeast infection when taking antibiotics. I prefer Monistat over Vagisil. The 1 day, 3 day just means it is a stronger dosage and it's in a denser form so it "stays up there" longer. I prefer the 7 day. It's easier on your system and a lot cheaper. It's just a pain in the butt that you have to deal with the application process all week long.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• This always works for me.I eat yogurt with natural cultures in it.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009