my son and games on the computer

ok when i get home from picking up my 4 1/2 year old son all he does is just go straight to the computer and play games from 1pm to about 4pm. what should i do to get my son off the computer and do his homework

M.H.J.CMama0407

Asked by M.H.J.CMama0407 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Push the off button.

If that doesnt work, unplug it and hide the cord. ;)

When he finishes the homework he may be allowed a little more computer time.

I would limit his time to 30 min. before and 30 min. after he has completed his work, that is MORE than enough time. He needs other things to develop his little brain like reading outside play, imaginary play ect.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Plan activities for the two of you. He would probably enjoy playing games with you, reading, going to the library, the park, etc.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 9:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• unplug it seems to work for me. He is only four. Hide the cord or make it a reward. When he does his homework he earns _______ mins on the computer.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• He has homework at 4?!?!?!? WOW. Just turn off the computer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 24, 2009