help my hair is a pain in the butt

well i got really dry hair and damaged bc i diet them a lot,what can i do to moisture it?and does a straightner damage it?i have AMICA i m scared to straiten it all the time bc i feel like they are burning,i put olive oil in my hair and i stay with it for 2 days, pls help they look dead,burnt,and i got all the colors in it from blond to black
oh pls something that i would have in thr kitchen or stop and shop

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• do u use conditioner? and yes the straitener hurts it. when i was young my mom put mayo all over my head then covered my head (just hair) w/ a plastic grocery bag then i went outside in the sun to play for a few hours. also if u are still dyeing your hair theres special shampoo and conditions just for dyed hair
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I thought mayo in the hair was for removal of lice, at least that's what I've read.

Use conditioner after every shampoo. If you are going to use a hair straightener, be sure to use a protective product in your hair first. It won't damage your hair so much. Keep your ends trimmed. Split ends will wreak havoc if not kept at bay.
    Anonymous

• Well, I have seen damaged dry hair before that is extreme as yours. Mine even use to be that way due to styling, dying, products ect. Hair can only take so much and some peoples hair can take less than others. 4 years ago I just choped it all off, super short and then cut it as it grew out until all of the old hair was gone. Now I have 100% natural hair, no dye, not fooling around with what God gave me. It was the only way, I had to just start fresh. Needless to say I leave my hair very natural now so I don't have to do that again
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 11:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes you should condition your hair it help to protect it.Cream of Nature is good,Pantene,Infusium,and after you wash and condition and rinse that conditioner out.You should have a leave in conditioner that you just keep in.And try to give your hair a rest from harsh styling.
    MrsRKP7

Answer by MrsRKP7 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• you need a deep conditioner that you use once a week.. ive gone through all the colors of the rainbow as well..go to sally's or your local beauty supply store and ask what they recommend..or go into a salon that sells products and ask them
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Before you put hear to your hair you should put something called a heat protector on your hair. This will prevent your hair from buning. The heat protector will burn instead of you hair. There is also shampos and conditionars out that are made for people that color their hair. A cemical strainting does damage hair. If you use your curling iron or your blow dry just use the heat protector. A good mosturizer is key hear.I use a line of hair care product called Satinique. I have found that this line is the best that I have found. I have tried the salon products like biolage and Bed Head and many others and I found that those don't work as well as this line. You should try it and see how it works for you. My hair is a problem. I have two diffrent hair types. The layers that are at the nape of the neck is curly and the top on my head strait as a bone. I can't get it to curl with curlers.
    BARBMASTEL1

Answer by BARBMASTEL1 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009