• In the Spotlight:

Could it be a miscarriage?

well the last time i had my period was Nov 21, 2008, i took a preg test on Jan 4, 2009 and it was positive, so i took three more, all positive. Now today i have been feeling unusually down, and i went to go pee and i stood up and the toilet was RED, i was terrified, still am. My husband and my mother both said to wiat and see, that its normal to have some bleeding they both did through pregnancies. But now, i am seeing chunks like what comes out durring my period and i have pain like when i lift my legs, basicly when i flex my tummy. And i dont have insurance so im in a pickle, i cant stop crying coz i feel utterly helpless.

CheyannePerez

Asked by CheyannePerez at 8:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Personally I would not wait. You can go to the ER and as far as I know they CAN NOT turn you away because you don't have insurance. If you can't afford to pay you should go down first thing and get sstate assistance. When you are pregnant the don't turn you away. It may be nothing but it may be something. With my first pregnancy I bled and thought that it was normal but when I went to the doctors office it turned out that I was having a tubal pregnancy which would have killed me if I waited any longer. Personally I think it is not something you should wait to see what happens. You should get checked out as soon as possible.
    I hope this helps you. Send me a message and let me know what happened.
    04mom07

Answer by 04mom07 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• you know this happend when i was pregnant with my 2nd dd ..i just found out i was pregnant 4 positive pregnancy test.2 days later i was bleeding i mean clots my mom told me its prob a mc..i was so scared i went into the doctors the same day the er actualy they told me i had a tear in my cervix thats what was causing all the blood even clots..so it could be something elese other then a mc..maybe you can go to an urgent car center it might not be a mc good luck..
    my3wormies

Answer by my3wormies at 8:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If you don't have an OB/GYN (although I sincerely hope you do!!!!!!!) are there any clinics or urgent care centers in your area? They usually don't charge much, but work like an ER, without all the waiting and huge bills. I'd try to find one of those. If you do have an OB/GYN, call their after hours service and the doctor will call and talk to you. If you don't have an OB/GYN there's no way to tell what's going on if you haven't had any care or exams.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• thank you all for your sencere answers, i am going to try and get somewhere tonight and if not able the deffinatly tomarrow.
    CheyannePerez

Answer by CheyannePerez at 8:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I wish the best for you and please keep us updated. I bled like that with my dd and when I went to the er they just told me it could be a mc and to wait. They said there was nothing they could do for me. Well, it was not a mc and to this day I don't know why it happened. God bless you and your baby.

jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 8:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• The er was really nice to me when I had my m/c. I had no insurance either and was self pay and they lowered all my bills to only $100, and all they did was send a bill. I would go, if your are passing clots, something is probably up. Good luck, you will be in my thoughts.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i am going to the doc today, i pray that everythings okay

i will give ya'll an update when i return.
    thank you all soooo much for caring and taking time on me :) it warms my sad heart.
    CheyannePerez

Answer by CheyannePerez at 10:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• hey all, turns out i have a tear in my uteris similar to what my3wormies had, its called subchorionic hemorrhage. the doc said they were common, but i have a 50% chance of loosing it, so i'm still a lil worried but i gotta have faith in what happens is supposed to.

i also found out i am 8 weeks along, and he gave me a due date of sept 2, 2009.

I got to see my baby, it was amazing, it makes concrete all these emotions that i feel.
    it has a heart beat, and its the size of a kidney bean. it was breath taking.
    unfortunately i didnt get to keep a pic coz i was in the ER so they dont give pictures for ER patients.
    errr, i was like i dont have rights to my own uteris, but oh well
    it was all worth the money.
    CheyannePerez

Answer by CheyannePerez at 11:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2009