Registering!

How far along were you when you started registering and buying stuff for the baby? I am six months and my SO keeps making fun of me for wanting to get started so early. But I want to do it before I get to big or tired.

studentmom27

Asked by studentmom27 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no..your SO wont be makin fun of you when baby gets here and you have nothign!!! i had TONS of stuff when i was 6 months preggo ! there is no 'start too early'
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• 6 mo inst' early. I went with a friend in March and I was due at the end of June.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Definitely not too early. Stupid me waited until a month before my due date to start ordering the travel system stroller and a bunch of other things and of course I went into labor 3 weeks early. Let me say, I was defnitely not ready. We had to buy a car seat at Walmart just to bring the baby home in -- we did return it though when ours arrived.
    Anonymous

• Well I would of like d to know so i could of prepared. luckily i had a lot of hand me downs and two baby showers. But i didn't know till i was 6 1/2 months but ya know i got everything i needed into thanks to family
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 8:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think the day i found out LOL!
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 8:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It id never too early to plan for or be excited about your baby.
    ScootNPoot

Answer by ScootNPoot at 8:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I do that when I find out what Im having. Like the day of the U/s, I go to babies r us and scan stuff (thats what i did with my son and thats my plan for this one)
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• its not too early! have fun registering, i loved it!
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I'm 28 weeks and started my registry last week.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• That's not too early. I registered for stuff at around 15 weeks cause I ended up having an early baby shower in my home town. 6 mos. is def. not too early to get ready, esp. if you want to read all the product reviews and all that. I started buying a lot of baby clothes on ebay and ended up with some great deals, cause I knew I wouldn't have the time or patience to do it once the baby comes. I'm now 33 weeks and pretty much everything is done. I would not want to be running around doing all that stuff in the last few weeks of pregnancy, just getting around is hard enough! Plus, you may decide to change your registry a lot inbetween now and later, so you should do it soon.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2009