Do i invite them or not?

we are going to be moving during the summer. after we get all settled in i want to have a house warming party. here's my problem, my parents moved in with my sister and we haven't spoken to each other for almost three years now. it's alot of things but it comes right down to the fact she hates my guy. (don't care what she feels i'm not getting rid of him just cuz of her!) well i want to invite my parents but not her. (and yes my parents know we're not speaking and they still moved in with her.)
do you think i should invite my parents or not? what would you do?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Well that is sad on their part. All you can do is invite them, it will be on them to show up or not. Congrats on the new place BTW!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2012

• Extend the invite and then leave it at that.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2012

• Invite your parents. If you are still speaking with them, there is no reason to not invite them.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2012

• i try to keep up with them, but they seem to never have time for us.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2012

• ask your parents if they'd feel comfortable.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2012

• Invite your parents, it's unfortunate you've lost the relationship with your sister but parents shouldn't have to pick between children. I say invite them and be happy to get to share some time with them in your new home.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2012

• Invite them. Think about it this way, they can't keep up a relationship with you if you don't invite them to anything and they can't invite you to anything where they live since it's your sister's place. Yes, they moved in with her, try not to see it as a betrayal, she is their DD same as you are
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2012

• I would invite them.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 2:32 AM on Mar. 26, 2012

• I would invite them all and realize that she will probably not come if she feels that way.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2012

• Invite them...at least you know you did the right thing. If they don't come, then it's their loss.
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 6:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2012