Going green...

What have you and your family done that's helpful to the environment? For example, our family has started recyling and we started using those weird shaped light bulbs.

efmeador0709

Asked by efmeador0709 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've been recycling for years.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 8:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i just started my family on it, i got tired of doing it myself, so far can, plastic, buttons for the schools, only if i can find a good way to make compost..
    Anonymous

• I have been recycling since I was about 10, and we have a ton of those super low watt bulbs.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• We do both, the weird bulbs and recycling...My car is paid off in 2 months (go us!) so hopefully we can put a nice down payment on a hybrid car for my husband with our tax return!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• ooh my husband has a nice compost, but he grows hops (for beer) so it's a necessity! Only use vegetation, no meat!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I use cloth diapers and wipes, don't use toxic cleaning products, compost in the summer, hang dry clothes instead of using a drier, recycle, use canvas bags at the grocery store, buy veggies from farmer's market in the summer (less gas wasted transporting), organic foods . . . lol I pretty much do it all. I really hope to have an extremely eco-friendly house some day :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I use the cloth bags for my grocery shopping, I have switched to the energy efficient bulbs, I set my thermostat lower in the winter and higher in the summer and sealed my windows, I put in a low flow shower head, I set my water heater to 120, I only use cold water to wash my clothes...thats most of what I can think of right now. One of my New Year's resolutions last year was to do my part for the environment, and those were really easy for me to maintain.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I am a recycling fool. I love the fact that I am keeping all that crap out of the landfill. It saves us money on garbage bags. I hate hate hate those low light bulbs I can't see a damn thing they are not the same.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Lots. I have shopped for 6 years using enviornmentally safe consumables, We recycle, I use my own shopping bags. I compost veggie skins, fruit skins, coffee grounds and egg shells into the garden. I hang dry all our clothes rather than using the dryer, I also use cold water to wash our clothes. We unplug everything. Prgramable thermostate.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009