How do you feel about Obama using our hard earned tax dollars to fund overseas abortions?

Here's the link about it:

http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000009141.cfm

Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I find it interesting that our tax dollars will pay fpr abortions overseas (and in America) but our taxes won't pay for some medicines on medicaid..........
    Anonymous

• I think it is immoral and stupid. I personally don't even believe in abortions and to know that that is where the tax dollars are going kills me. Don't get me wrong I don't judge those who have them I am just saying that it is my personal openion.
    04mom07

Answer by 04mom07 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Personally, I think you are digging very far down. Maybe you need a job to keep you busy.
    Anonymous

why do you say that??
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• well since they have websites where people from places where abortion isnt legal can get the abortion pill i dont think its necessary
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I do gave a job - to protect my children from harm, sometimes by instinct I want to protect other people's kids - it's a mom thing that you probaby can'r grasp - kind of like if you saw akid trapped in a hot car you'd wanta help ya know!

Anonymous

• Federal funds do not actually pay for abortions in other countries. They never have. What the gag rule that was lifted did was allow NGO's (non governmental organizations) to discuss planned pregnancies, educate on sexual health, be able to provide much needed medications to women and children with HIV and other illnesses, and to discuss medical options - including abortions. When you are a woman who was raped by a rebel camp that is over throwing your government and your children were made to watch while afterwards they cut your son's fingers off (all of them) - perhaps you may want to terminate the pregnancy of that criminal. NGO's operate in war torn, very oppressed, very impoverished nations that need our assistance and information. Abortions and other medical procedures are often funded through private funds.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• cont...Our tax dollars still do not pay for abortion in the U.S. - again that is through private funds. All Obama did was lift the gag order that said that NGO's are to not offer information about sexual health and talk about abortions. TALK being the key word. So in the end, to answer the question, I think it is a victory for women all over the world.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• way to goHere here Frogdawg!!

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Thank you frogdawg.

I think this question is obviously phrased to be shocking. It's about much more than that, people need to learn to look at the whole picture.

brokenmelody

Answer by brokenmelody at 9:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009