What was the most difficult age and why?

I know they say the teenage years are rough but what about the pre-verbal period where they scream and whine all day long because they can't talk yet? And have to touch everything they aren't supposed to touch! And scream every time you leave the room. I have only been a parent for almost 21 months. I get the very real feeling that my toddler enjoys getting under my skin. That frightens me. Someone please tell me it's going to get better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• It will get better and worse. Every day is new and different. but what gets you from one day to the next is that you love them. Just keep reminding yourself of that. Use pictures and write sown certain memories that you have that you enjoy. It may seem that your bad days outweigh the good sometimes but in the end all you will remember are the good ones.
    ScootNPoot

Answer by ScootNPoot at 8:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yep! It will get better! Right about the time they leave the house for college!!

Then a whole other set of issues pop up...lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You will keep that feeling throughout your childs life lol...take it from me just about every age has wonderful joyful things as well as phases that make you completely insane! My oldest is 23 and my youngest is 2 and I have 3 in between...so I have had some experience in this one...just enjoy it all...it goes by faster than you will ever know.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2009