?

why cant you have intercourse til 6 weeks after birth. and if you do what wll happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wasnt told that but i had a c-section. but i would assume it would just hurt i know some people that didnt want so probably on what hurts you.
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 8:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• you need to allow that area time to heal. You usually bleed for a few weeks after birth, and if you have stitches it could cause them to come undone and it would be very painful. You are also really fertile after birth lol...
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It takes that long for your cervix to close. Sometimes you just need to trust what your doctor tells you.
    Anonymous

• and It would HURT!!!!!!!!!!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• it gives your body time to heal..i was fine after 2 weeks w my 1st and my husband convinced me into doing it..it was kinda uncomfortable,didnt really hurt but he went real slow...but i also had no tearing and felt no pain at that time and practically no bleeding. what Can happen if you do is you'll end up knocked up again.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• oh yeah.. i refused to give in the 2nd time around and i healed even faster and im not giving in this time around..it's a stupid move
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• this is my first, and ive gotten a lot of advice on to wait. even after 6 weeks it may be very uncomfortable and painful.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It's so that you can heal, and sex can increase your risk of infection (even if he doesn't ejaculate inside you). You can also get pregnant, if you're not using anything, even if you're exclusively breastfeeding.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• everyones body is different, 6 wks is more of a guidline the doctors use . i dont know about anyone else but i didnt want to have sex. lol between the healing and the hemorrhoids, not to mention the lack of sleep. and any chance of me going through all that again was enough to keep me very turned off. lol
    mrs.cooley

Answer by mrs.cooley at 3:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009