did you miss your baby?

Tomorrow my little worm will be a little baby and I think I'm going to miss him in my womb. I think of all the nights Ive felt comforted by putting a hand on my stomach or feeling him move. He's going to be gone, and I'm going to be empty. He'll be in his crib or wherever, and not constantly with me anymore. Anybody else ever feel that way? It makes me want to cry.

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I hated being pregnant I was pregnant for almost 3 yrs straight as i was pregnant 3 times in less then 3 yrs. But I Do miss feeling her kick me. She is 2wks old. And I was talking to her just the other day telling her I wish she was back in me were I was the only one who could hold her and feel her. SO YES I do miss it.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 9:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yes, i felt that way with my daughter i still wish she was in there
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 8:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yes... but you know once you see him and get to feel him in real life its not so bad. once he gets to where he has a little independence then is when you really miss it
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 8:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yea, it's normal. I didn't have the "not with me all the time" issue as I wore my dd in a sling so she was always close by and that helped a lot :)

It will be sad, but it's also wonderful you know?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Oh my, yes. I hated the fact that when he was in me, I always knew he was okay by feeling him move and listening to his heartbeat. Once he was out, the worrying begins a million times more than when he was in you. Congratulations! It's such an awesome experience the first time you see your little one!
    Anonymous

• Nope. I have to be honest, I did not miss being pregnant at all.

I was so glad to be done with the fatigue, with the pain in my pelvis, with the constant pain...

I'm one of those who HATED being pregnant. Love the after effects! But hate pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• Honestly I was relieved. I also hated being pregnant.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes I am feeling like that right now...2morrow I have my son also and I going to miss his kicks even tho the same time I hated the pain
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes... but it's also so wonderful being able to pick my baby up, cuddle him, kiss him, and trace my finger over his facial features and hair. I miss having him all to myself, even though I had a love-hate relationship with being pregnant. I like having him outside of me much, much better.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 9:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Part of me still misses being pregnant, and my son is 5 months. I miss the kicks, and feeling the movements, and knowing he was always right there. Plus, my arms are MUCH more tired these days! But I tell ya, having him in my arms, and watching him laugh and grow and seeing his adorable little face makes it all worth it. Of course, toward the end, I was about ready to grab a scalpel and get him out, but I definitely look forward to doing it again.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009