what are the things that I need to do to help my baby have a good night sleep?

erwincoriedavid

Asked by erwincoriedavid at 8:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First of all take your baby a warm bath and rub your baby with some lotion. Then I would rock your baby after feeding him or her. That helpd my 10month old son sleep about 9hours
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• A good solid night time routine seems to be the key. But don't take my word for it because my 6 month old doesn't sleep through the night yet!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• On bath nights, we give him a bath. Then we put him in his warm pajamas and then feed him. Usually he falls asleep while feednig, but either way we then rock him for about 10 minutes and he's asleep for 10-12 hours a night.
    Anonymous

• Let him get older is the biggest. A three month old baby MAY sleep for 5 hours in a row. It is very rare for one this age to sleep longer than that and those moms are VERY lucky.

Babies usually start sleeping for 5 hours in a row around 4 months.
    They start sleeping 8 hours in a row around 7 months.
    They start sleeping from bedtime to morning around a year.
    Of course, these are averages. Some babies sleep from bedtime to morning at just a few months old. Some don't do it until 3 or 4 years old.

While you are waiting for him to get older, set up a bedtime routine... dinner, bath, massage, storytime, etc. Pick whatever order you want and stick with it. Remember, you'll be doing this routine for the next few years so keep it under 45 minutes total.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I find co-sleeping best.
    When you have to get up to feed and comfort your baby every time your baby wakes up, then you both lose out on precious minutes of sleep.. I'd rather just roll over and put boob in baby's mouth, or pat her bum back to sleep.. My kids have never had to full wake up in the middle of the night because of this. -And neither have I.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 11:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2009