toddler potty training question.

okay so my son has the idea. about when we have to go you go to the potty. the problem is, he cries when i sit him on the potty. i dont know what to do. i really want to get him potty trained, but he cries and whines, so well i told him he has to go to the potty to when he has to go and he says no and runs away, he turned two in nov so i wanna get him potty trained and quick..

any other ideas?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Going thro the same thing...u have to catch a lil boy when his pee pee is ready to go...then sit on the potty and what im trying with my son is letting him brush his teeth or play with a toy to clalmn him down i also get a lil cup of water and poor a lil on his pee pee he gets excitied and usually will pee after a few minutes....my son screams and actually hits himself sometimes...they do that when they are frustrated b/c they cant go thats why i do the water it seems to help.....but im right there with u just started the whole training thing recently how STRESSFUL!
    mom2twopreemies

Answer by mom2twopreemies at 10:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• they always say that it is harder to train a boy- i personally don't know. my daughter turns 2 tomorrow and she is getting potty trained, she is doing great. i started her out on a training potty and would set her in the living room in front of the tv or what ever and play games with her and read to her. try to make it fun on the potty - even if he isn't trying to go potty (make potty a fun place ;) don't rush it let him decide when he is ready - have you ever met a grown person who wasn't potty trained?
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 8:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Ha, he's ready
    he tells me when he's gone, he takes his diaper off, he cries when i change him

and as to your question well i havent met anyone that wasnt potty trainned! lol.. but still!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009