at what age?

i know i read alot about how some two yrs olds already know their colors and abc's and numbers and stuff.. i was wondering are your two yr olds like two and a half or exactly two? because i have a two yr old and he doesnt want to learn these things.. andi 'm just wondering..

two or two and a half, almost three?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is 21 months, she can count to 5 and she knows the color blue and yellow and sometimes she gets red. but she doesnt know her abc's or anything like that. I think the ones that probley do kno there abcs are closer to 3 then 2..
    Staceyymichelle

Answer by Staceyymichelle at 9:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My daughter just turned 2. She knows a bit of everything but is more focused on talking then learning her shapes, etc... I don't think it's a big deal.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My son is 25 months and knows some colors and is starting to know some numbers. I think the best way to help your son to learn is to make it fun! For learning the colors we go around the house and collect things of a certain color and put it into our color box. I make it into a game and we run around as fast as we can to collect things. We also have sorted m&m into colors and painted snowman pictures certain colors. Sing the ABC's and songs with the numbers. Have him trace the numbers with markers or line up his cars and count them. Anything that is fun!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 10:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• well we read alot... and we do the colors he's just not having it..
    Anonymous