Marriage Workshops?

Ok I was listening to the radio this morning and heard this being advertised on it at one of our local church's on the 31st...I would love to go but hubby thinks it's a waste of time (he don't like things like this)...Like most couples we have our ups and downs and I think something like this would be GREAT for us!

Here is a link to it:

http://cbfnc.org/zonedisplay.asp?ZoneID=192

Has anyone does something like this or this same one?

If you have did you like it?

Was it worth the time?

Has it helped?

hanksmom0207

Asked by hanksmom0207 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that it is empowering to go to marriage workshops my husband and I went threw a session it was a group session and it was great. We learn about how problems could be solve in a more productive manner. It was most of all they share was to keep your marriage main focus never allowing it to be a I win or you win situation but allowing the marriage to win or if you are of Christian Faith allowing God to get the glory within in the marriage. Its a wonderful thing when you have someone cheering you on and empowering you to succed in your marriage don't wait until you have problems to get help know how to deal with situations before they occur! Prepare yourself! God Bless you and your marriage!
    FanofJesus

Answer by FanofJesus at 8:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think marriage workshops are great. I support anything that gives you information. No matter what, you always take something positive away from it. You always learn something, even if it's minor. Just the act of you two going together would probably strengthen your bond with each other. But I understand with some guys It's hard to get them on board. Good luck with that. I think it would be good.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• When I was younger (about third or fourth grade) my parents got involved in Marriage Encounter. I don't know if it's still exists but it was a group of couples that seriously worked on their marriages. I remember my parents going to retreats, and the families going on vacations together. I don't know if they were having problems but I do remember that when they were real active in M.E. our family life was good, and we started going to church every week. It was a good time in my childhood. If your hubby isn't into it, then it's probably not best to force him into it, but I would go to something like that with my hubby in a heartbeat.
    mars33me

Answer by mars33me at 12:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009