How many of u have been misdiagnosed as having a miscarriage?

When I found out i was prego i did everything that was suppose to be done went to the first drs appt and everything was fine then 1 week before my next appt i started spotting blood and went in to my drs office and he did an ultrasound. when there was no fetus detected in the sac my doc told me that must have had a miscarriage and wanted me to schedule a d&c- i continued feeling all the prego symptoms including severe nausea so i didnt believe that the doc was right- when i went in to be checked up 2 wks later i told the doc that there was no more bleeding and no cramping he sent me in for an u/s which promptly showed a beautiful 6 and a half wk fetus (which was about 2 or 3 wks younger than we thought) I want to know if anyone else has gone through the agony of thinking u lost a child only to find out everything was ok because a doc jumped to conclusions?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there is a website, http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/, of all women who have had the same thing happen. Sadly, it was not the case for me either time I m/c.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Something like that happened to a girl I knew in high school, turns out she was earlier than they thought, but if was with four babies, all four are viable now.
    Anonymous

• Were you bleeding like a period? for how long? I was told I probably miscarried close to 2 wks ago but im still bleeding now.. the Dr still hasnt confirmed mine as the ER nurses blew my veins so they werent able to take my blood work right away to confirm my hcg levels have declined, but they said that my hcg levels were lower than they should have been the day I went to the ER for as far along as my dates woould have made me.. (close to 8 wks) They did an ultra soiund but didnt see anything at all.
    blue7eyed3girl

Answer by blue7eyed3girl at 9:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• with my step mom she was like 5 months pregnant and they couldn't find my little sister in the ultrasound so the schedule a d&c and gave her another ultrasound right before the procedure and there she was in plain view again
    Mrs.Jolly

Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 10:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I was diagnosed with a miscarriage, but my son is very healthy and turns 2 next week. I had severe bleeding with very large clots. I didn't go in for an u/s, but had my hcg done... found out 2 days later that they were going up... all was "fine" except I was still bleeding. That continued for about 2 months.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• that had happen to my sister but with her they turned out too some what right she was carrying twins and only lost one of them and when she kept having pregnancy symptoms and went back they noticed the second sac was just fine and now she has a beautiful 2yr old little boy
    Anonymous