Did you have a "feeling" you were going to go into labor when you did?

Or were there symptoms that made you think "something just isn't right" or "something's different"?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• With my first, I had some contractions through the night, I thought were gas pains, and then POP my water broke. Had I known it was contractions things would have been different, but had eaten late that night and just thought it was gas.
    With my second, nothing. I was actually on cafemom, and again POP my water broke. There was literally nothing with my second.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I went into labor 3 weeks early. And that night I kept waking up and I'm not sure why, but something felt different. I don't know what it was, but then at 4 in the morning my water broke.
    Anonymous

• I did with both my girls, it drove my husband crazy with the first one because I knew that my water broke. I ate a huge bowl of cherrio's, did some homework, folded laundry and finally three hours later decided I was ready to go to the hospital, LOL! He followed me all over the house asking if I was ready.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• With my first I was feeling really sick and had a backache on Friday at the end of work. When I was leaving I told my co-workers "see you in Monday." This older lady said, "no we won't." I looked at her funny and she told me I'll be going into labor before then. She was right! I felt worse and worse as the weekend went on and at 5:00 on Mon morning I woke up to use the bathroom and my water broke! At first I thought I just peed my pants! I guess the backache was really early contractions and since I wasn't due for another 2 weeks I never thought that's what it'd be. ^_^

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well, I had contractions from 18 weeks on, but the day before she was born . . those contractions were different. I waited 2 hours to make sure that they didn't stop and then I went in . . . 23 hours later, dd was born.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Nope. I had no clue until I went to the bathroom after getting a sonogram to check her fluid levels (I was overdue) and had blood running down my legs onto the floor. I didnt feel any different than the contractions I had been having the whole month before, I cleaned up my bathroom floor, called DH and the doctor and took a shower, went back to the hospital and was 4 centimeters!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I woke up thinking I was constipated with the first one. Found out later that morning that it was labor. But she didn't come until 9am the NEXT day! With the second, I thought I might be having false labor b/c the contractions were so eradic. But, when I went in to be checked, they kept me, and this one came 2 1/2 hrs. later!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009