What do you use for really dry skin on baby?

I'm into more organic/natural remedies... the lotion really wasn't doing much.. I tried putting natural baby oil on tonight.. we'll see .. but it has gotten bad.. my poor little man needs help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is this eczema problem? How old is your little guy?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I put Aveeno on my LO she has major dry skin. It was the only thing that worked.
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 9:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I really loved Palmers Lotion for babies. It's not organic, but it's something I think works wonderfully. As far as natural, we were told to use vaseline on my son for awhile, and that helped keep the moisture in.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I like Burts Beeswax products.
    Anonymous

• Aquaphor
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my son has this problem and we use the aveeno lotion because it gets bad, my SO has excema but the doc's wont check for that until their older according to them.. so yeah.. also try oatmeal bath.. yes oatmeal! pm me if you have any questions!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• burts bees is wonderful!
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• vaseline intensive rescue clinical therapy lotion.
    It's non-greasy, hypoallergenic, it doesnt have a fragrance, and its for extremely dry skin.
    or vaseline deep conditioning body lotion with cocoa butter and vitamin e.
    my niece has horrible eczema and her skin peels and gets so flaky and dry. seems to help her a lot.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My fiance has psoriasis on his face, ribs, and thighs which is really dry flaky skin. He only gets it on his ribs and thighs in the winter but every day after he gets out of the shower he has to rub a tiny little bit of Vaseline on all the dry spots, dab all the excess off and then rub lotion over top of it. It works really well, he doesn't get dry patches if he does this right after he gets out of the shower.

bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Thanks girls... the doctor said he thought it was excema awhile ago.. but it went away pretty quick... I wasn't even thinking that this time.. duhhh... I feel so bad for the little guy... hes 17 months old.. and his legs are really bad...I would go nuts I don't know how he is such a happy kid! Next checkup should be at 18months right?? I tried the burts bees oil tonight.. we will see what happens.... I will definatly try the oatmeal bath thing... knowing my son he will try to eat it! Well thanks again.. appreciate the kindness.
    just4today21

Answer by just4today21 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009