I find myself arguing with my guy, because he chooses not to do his role as a father. He has custody of his kids, but his parents have always taken care of them. He now says that he wants to marry me, but Hes lazy, his kids are lazy and Im felling a lot like a maid/nanny/chef/tutor, and I get yelled at when I try to dicipline the children.Yes I was raised totally different, but enough is enough.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• What is the question? Sounds like this is a vent...if so I hope you feel better and find something that works out for you.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You already answered your own question.........if there was one. You just named off a lot of negative.........whats his positive? You need to really consider what you just said. If you were to read what you just wrote.......how would you respond to the OP? Do you have the means to live on your own? Remember you deserve to be treated with respect.. Do not settle because your afraid of being alone. Good luck...........
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Then don't marry him ... things won't change ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• of course he wants to marry you. Who else would do all that crap and be treated badly?

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Get gone!Let him raise his kids however he sees fit. You will be only the bad guy trying to help. It will get twisted up to some motive you have to cause problems. IF I were you I would catch him gone and get my goodies and get the hell outta there! You aren't a convience you are a woman that deserves respect and love for trying to help. They sound like they thrive on drama and that will drain you. Take care of you and let him go.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yeah don't marry him. you deserve a man who is going to take care of his responsibilities and GROW UP
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• The best advice I got but didn't take until it was too late is "take your so's worst annoying charactaristic and double it, if you think you can live with that further down the road then go for it, if not get out now." You already pretty much know you're not going to stick around becuase he's annoying you now. Of course he wants to marry you, he's planning ahead for when his parents won't watch his kids anymore he can count on you for that!! Get out while you can!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2009