Leaving my Baby Daddy and moving away...

I Have decided to go live with my mom. Things with my daughters dad have been horrible the past couple months but the past five yrs have been off and on anyways. But what made up my decision was that I found letters he saved on his thumb drive to a girl and to me they were too personal to be friends (like cheating). But he had an excuse for everything! Even the letters. And I feel guilty for still wanting to leave! Even though I still dont believe his story about the letters. He's a good day and it would feel like I am throwing five yrs down the drain!!! Should I feel guilty??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think so, if you are unhappy. If you want to make it work try. If it wont work out, and he's cheating and you are miserable then leaving is a good option.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Nope.
    Anonymous

• Ugh at the term ''Baby Daddy''.. yuck.
    Anonymous

• You shouldn't feel guilty. Go with your gut! In my opinion it's better to throw 5 yrs away than 50. Be thankful you have somewhere to go. I wish you luck!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 9:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• definitely go with your instinct! you may feel guilty now, but later on you may find that it was the right thing to do, for you and your child. believe me, the guilt will subside.
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 9:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Technically he is a "baby daddy" lol. I read the definition of it in a post. It was funny.
    Anonymous

• Give yourself time to make a firm decision but for now go live with mom and think things out. You may just need time apart for a while.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Become a secret pi. just set back and see if there is any odd behavior, unexplainable time he is gone, if you see for sure he is not being true explain that to him and because of his behavior you have been forced to make other arrangements for you and your kid. He will either fess up or straighten up. Men sometimes do stupid things because they feel neglected and only talk to other women for the attention they desire it doesn't always mean cheatin just keep eyes open. Good luck you shouldn't feel guilty you don't want to be done dirty either.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Leave him. Your instincts are pushing you in the right direction. Do you want to waste five more years with this kind of behavior from him? Wouldn't you rather move on, enjoy life with your kids and if the right guy comes along, then entertain dating again? Don't wait for the father of your kids to shape up, he may never and you could really be missing out on someone else who will be respectful to you.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't think you should be thinking of yourself. It is your daughter that will be losing her father. That being said, I would think it is natural to feel guilty for your daughter's sake. If he is a good dad then you have no right to take his daughter from him.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 11:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009