Sounds gross but My daughter has diarrhea and I dont know how to stop it?

What is the best food to feed her to make it stop?

adrinnasmommy

Asked by adrinnasmommy at 9:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My pedia told me that if I boil some rice and give my dd the water that i boiled it in, not the rice, just the water, that would help
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I always used the BRAT diet for diarrhea. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Oh, and make sure she drinks plenty of clear liquids so she doesn't dehydrate!
    drowninginboys

• No milk. No fruit juice. BRAT diet like stated above... and also noodles and potatoes. Give pedialyte... and since many children HATE pedialyte you can try Gatorade or Poweraid, but it has more sugar and can make diarrhea worse... but some fluid is better than none.
    Diarrhea can last sometimes up to 2 weeks!
    So just make sure she is drinking well and watch for signs of dehydration.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• bananas, breads, anything with lots of fiber.
    Make sure she is hydrated... is she drinking milk or formula? She might be lactose intolerant ?
    coltonsmum523

Answer by coltonsmum523 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Sounds like it could be a rotovirus which could cause diahrrea and vomiting for up to 7 days. Just keep pushing fluids. It will eventually work itself out.
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 12:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2009