ok.. dilema? maybe not?

okay heres my story i've told a couple times..... okay we live in california we have a one bedroom one bath and pay 1050! yes a 1,050!! well thats the cheapest around here! i work, kind of i do babysitting for my neighbour which i get paid from the state its alright i guess.. i only get paid once a month, and its about 500. my SO got laid off back in oct from one job which was the big money one, then he wasstill working for the other one but got laid off in nov.. so we had no choice but to get on county, alright so first month was alright we made it ok.. now they said that ther expecting us to get unemployment money which was filed in nov but to this date have only received one paycheck of 7 dollars..

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• You have to visit different day cares/in home care centers and interview them, pop in unexpectedly etc and find one you're comfortable with. Pull them out if you hate them. Tell your friends if you love them! Seriously! My kids are in an amazing daycare and I wouldn't trust them with anyone else! It's pricey but worth it. Good luck!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• cont!---- okay so they lowered it from 500 a month to 175 okay so thats only about 600 and something a month that we are bringing in, we are behind on rent like 3 months, so well we decided lets move.. okay.. we've looked here in cali theirs nothing so we decided to move to reno, nevada theirs alot of jobs and housing is so much cheaper! okay heres the thing, we dont kno anyone out their.. and we have never left my son with a babysitter, so how do we go about finding one? and do you think moving to reno is a good idea?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Whats the ?

Anonymous

• Okay just saw the rest-my bad:)
    Anonymous

• hehe, i just need some advice or encouragment!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Okay IDK anything about Reno so I can't comment on that. I do know that moving can be expensive so take that into consideration. Also, make sure your DH has a job lined up there. Just because you feel there is a lot jobs in Reno doesn't necessarily mean DH will get one.

I find my babysitters through word of mouth. I go places like to the playground or children museums and start chatting with other moms. Also, you can make friends there and they will probably love to help out.
    Anonymous

• Just BE CAREFUL about who you leave your little angel with. There are some real WACKJOBS out there so be cautious if you do move to Reno and have to get help with taking care of your little one. I'd try a daycare center before hiring a person to be alone with your baby. Just the thought of that terrifies me on your behalf.
    Take care...do what's best for your family, but don't do something dangerous out of desperation. You'll survive no matter what. Always remember that.
    Have you considered watching a couple children as a job in Reno and then taking your son w/ you? This way you'd get the best of both worlds!!!!
    mamika

Answer by mamika at 9:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• thanks ladies and my SO already has three jobs lined up. you know mamika i did think about watching children when i get out their, but then again i think i need away from my house at least for a little bit. and you know i am scared about leaving my son with anyone the only person that i have ever left my son with is my mom. so yeah thats why i'm asking you guys for advice because i'm pretty sure alot of you moms have left your children i na daycare, or with ababysitter i just need ot know. and yeah. thank you all so much!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• and about moving being expensive not really. were leaving everything behind.
    we got a storage for the things we cant take and the things we dont need are staying behind.
    we found about three different apt, that with down payment and first month its bearly about 550!! and we live 6 hrs from reno, so its only about 40 of gas one way and 40 back! i've reasearch and search and i want to think i'm doing the right thing, theirs nothing left in california. nothing.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• this wont solve all your problems but read my blog on simple ways to make money from home. It might help a little
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009