• In the Spotlight:

just a quick question and Foodstamp/TAnf workers on here

so if i recieved TANF starting this month cuz i needed a little help with money would i have to pay it back? And would it be in this time around in income taxes that i do pay it back? or next time around. I am getting off it in March i did it cuz i was unemployed and needed a little cash for a bit so i can look for another job. I also got medicaid for my son cuz i didnt have any insurance. PLEASE NO BASHING!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• i dont think you have to pay it back, i'm on calworks but its different i'm not sure.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• to my knowledge you do not have to pay it back. The only time you need to pay back benefits is when you have attained them by providing false information
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• also if you rin need of cash check out my most recent blog on some simple money making ideas and feel free to ask any questions
    humaniterian87

• No. You don't have to pay it back. If you qualify they give it to you to help you get back on your feet for the time you need it.Or at least that is how it is intened to work. Some people just take advantage of it and stay on. If you find a job say next month then you will no longer qualify and you have to report your income in a certian time period then the check will stop. If you fail to report the income then you will have to pay back the money for the month you failed to report the new income.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• thank you guys for the help. I am looking for a job right now so i can get off hopefully within the next month its just kind of hard right now cuz i gotta look 4 a daycare to watch my son, my sister would take care of him but she is fixing to have my nephew on saturday so i am not going to ask for her help cuz she has a busy schedule already,. N e way i am going to report my income as soon as i find a job. Thanks for the help.
    Anonymous