i feel like a lazy mom!

i try and i try and i try....but i never seem to get my house clean...as soona s i do here come my tornadoes right behind me....i am a single mother due to divore i work a full time job and we have our own plave and am soon going back to school.....how do i stop being lazy at home...i get laundry doen but not put away...same with dishes they go into the dish washer and get cleaned but not put away...i always seem to have clutter on my counters....and toys every where...i jsut cant keep up with it...do any of u have this problem? and if so..how do u get better at it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not sure how to help you, but first of all don't call yourself lazy. My goodness, look at what you do??? I wouldn't worry so much about the mess right now. When you have free time, take it easy, you need to or you're going to burn out! I mean really, if there's toys everything, what's going to happen as soon as you put them away? Toys will be everywhere! =) Just try to relax!
    Anonymous

• The question is, are you lazy when it comes to your kids? Because if when you get home from work you are playing with your kids, cooking dinner, interacting with them,.......... then my dear who cares if the house is a mess!!! Being a single mother, and working a full-time job and then coming home to do everything else you have a right to feel lazy!!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Try things like........... While you are brushing your teeth, clean the sink, or pick up stuff off the floor in the bathroom.
    While you fold laundry, depending on the ages of your kids make a game of who can put their clothes away the fastest.
    As soon as you take something out of a cupboard when you are done put it back right away, It takes less energy to put things back right away instead of letting it pile up and then having to spend an hour putting things back.
    And.............................. get a babysitter, take a day for yourself! And be as stinking lazy as you want to be because you deserve it!!!!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I have that same problem... I try and keep my head in it like OK NO TV till the dishes are up or the laundry is done, but I always fall right back into it. I work go to school and have my kiddo. My husband works 50-55 hours, but he helps with what he can. You have a lot on your plate right now. Just do a little at a time, not everything at once. Thats what I have started to do. I guess I will see in the next few weeks just how well that works out!
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 9:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i agree with the above answers. you're doing a great job, mom. be sure and take a few minutes for yourself each day. give those kids a hug too. you could do a group hug! you all deserve it! : )
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 9:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I have taken the opposite approach to this problem, and just accepted that my house will always be a little messy. Problem solved...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• OP here..i tried to make a chrt for myself like ok this day i do the floors..thiese day i do laundry and so on....but at the end of my work day and with my kid i have one year old and four year old..i pisk them up form daycare straight after work...we come home have snacks a play time then its dinner and baths and we may play hide and seek for a while or watch movies then it is story time and bed time... i have a good routine for them...but like today i was off....and i picked up and did the grocery shopping had to take my car to the shop...and afer my days are said and done it sems i dont get much accomplished around the house....i get embarassed when my family or friends come over cuz my house is always a mess....unless it si right after i cleaned it b4 the kids get home ....and it never lasts...
    Anonymous

• I remember when my three kids were really young, the place was always a mess and I couldn't keep up with it either. As they get older, they're able to help more and more. Just do the best you can and take one day at a time. You can do it!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 9:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• you should set up a "chore chart" that has everyone's names on it and what chores they are assigned for that day. my mom did it and offered us rewards, simple things like stay up a half hour late, or we get to pick whats for supper that night. mind you , this works better with kids that teens. if your kids are older, they should be put in charge of specific tasks, like dishes or trash... mom now takes my brother's games away if he doesn't do what he's told. she works 40+ hrs a week, and is also divorced, receiving no child support from our father b/c he has no job and refuses to get one. I try to take a day that she's off and go over and let her go out while I watch my brother and sister and make sure things get done.
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 10:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't have the answer...I am in the same boat. So I'm happy you asked because I am benefiting from the same answers! Thank you!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009