How do you make baby enjoy bath time?

My 9 1/2 month old daughter used to love baths, but now she cries everytime I put her in the water and stands up clinging to the side of the tub. I give her bath toys, sing to her, and try to get her to splash and play, but she refuses. I always check to make sure that the water isn't too hot or too cold. She used to love water not that long ago, but she seems to hate baths now. One time my hubby even put on his swim trunks and sat in the tub with her and played with her and that actually worked to make her happy and splashing again. Is this the only way she is going to enjoy baths for awhile or what else can I do?

stargazerwolf

Asked by stargazerwolf at 9:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I give bubble baths and blow bubbles that seems to entertain my daughter.
    Anonymous

• bathe her everyday at the same time. This will help her get used to it and she knows to expect it.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 9:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Hopefully it is only a phase. In the mean time, I would keep trying things until you find something she likes.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My 9 mo. is doing something similar. She used to always love baths but she recently started pulling up to standing and now she has to do it everywhere she is...including the tub! I sit her back down and she gets fussy and wants out. I was just chalking it up to being tired (we do baths right before bed) but maybe it is a phase. ???
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009