this is so ridiculous...

So, I posted last night about my SO's cousin wanting to bring random girls over my house all the time. So I was sitting in the living room talking to him and my SO and I simply asked him why it was so important for me to be friends with this girl. The cousin then told me he wanted me to be friends with her becasue they are TTC (and in his words they are trying very hard to get pregnant). they have only been dating for 3 weeks, only known eachother for about a month. I tried to talk some sense into him but it didn't seem to work. He is 24 and unemployed and she is 18 and still in school (and im not bashing I had my son at 16 in school). He still lives with his parents, and she with hers, and I tried to tell him to wait until he actually knew this girl a little better, but he insists he's so ready. He is the type of person who is a follower and Im afraid he only wants to have a baby because my SO and his other best friend...CONT

blondie09

Asked by blondie09 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• CONT are having babies, and he feels left out. My SO has tried talking to him and tried telling him that this is a mistake but he won't listen.... I just feel like it's not a good situation to bring a child into. Please help me give him some advice, I dont want him to have a child he regrets, it will not be fair to the child. I dont want to see a baby born for the wrong reasons... :-/.... Please no bashing, I just want to help him
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• do you know anyone that has a baby he could watch for a day? like the real parents could be there, just in case, but it sounds like he thinks babies are easy to take care of. they should both know how raising a child really is before they come to that decision. IMO
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 10:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yeah sophie has good advice
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Man, just stay out of it. They are obviously made for each other. No use trying to talk sense into senseless people.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't think he's interested in your advice. You already said that you tried to talk some sense into him. He's clearly already made up his mind. I think the best you can do now is be there for him when it gets hard. Poor kid, he sounds like a nice kid and sounds like you and your SO really care for him.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• They should go help out in the church nursery five or six crying babies would wake them up! Also tell him it cost over $13000 to have a child with no insurance coverage. That would buy him a kick ass mustang! Its just a phase, you don't have to preach to him just common sense. Set down with him and all the bills you have show him what it costs to run a household and how stable you have to be to just get a home, keep a job in this economy and its not fair for the parents to have to raise grandkids too! I got pregnant at 15 and it was a hard road for all of us.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 10:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree with 1 countrygal.... and thats if the girl doesn't have any issues my pregnancy was over 20,000 because I am rh-and almost lost the baby, and the extra ultrasounds I had to have, then I had a breech baby and had to have a c-section and for the anesthetic the hospital stay etc.. IT''S EXPENSIVE!!!!like holy crap style expensive!this last year I spent over 4000 on clothes toys room furninshings burp blankets, formula after my wic ran out,honestly...tell him very nitty gritty thing,and have him sit with someones kids... make sure its what he really wants!!!
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2009