need help

does anyone have a son that goes threw clothes and doesn't put the in the dirty hamper?does he whine when you try to get him to do stuff?how about homework and his sucky grades?i have tried alot of routines and i am not getting any thing done with him. i have a clean house and my 11 yr and 3 yr just mess it up and i got right behind them to clean i am so tired of this and they don't repect stuff anyone going threw this too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well yes I did, I went through it with hubby also until I starting throwing things away... Once hubby starting asking honey where are my jeans? I 'd say where did you leave them? He would say on the floor in the living room. and I would say oh I threw it away, once he figured out I would not pick up behind him, he starting putting his things where they belonged....With the kids I did the same thing, I would tell them it was time to clean up there toys and when they wouldnt; I picked them up and threw them away also, of course I did warn them first, and when they thought I was not serious they left things out and it went in the trash, I told them well if you dont care enough to pick them up,I will throw them away.....It didnt take long for them to understand MOM WAS SERIOUS!!!! Now I do not do that in their rooms, only in community spaces. They pick up their stuff now
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I understand what your going through. I have four children 18, 15 and twins who are 4 as soon as I clean a room my kids are like little hurricanes and make a new mess. I have my 4 year old help me pick up toys. My teenage daughters are the lazy ones I do their laundry fold their clothes all they need to do is put the laundry away. It ends up back in the dirty clothes!! When my girls want $ or my 15 wants to go to a friends I just say only if your room is clean an your stuff around the house is put away. Amazing how neat and tidy my house gets with their help.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 10:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I am sorry but I work my kids like rented mules. Chores and being a part of the family are a part of life. Kids these days have it too soft! You need to crack the whip mama! They will bitch at first but if you cut off all fun things until they tow your line they will get the idea quick enough. DON'T BE AFRAID TO PARENT YOUR CHILDREN PEOPLE...WE ARE NOT THEIR FRIENDS! FRIENDS THEY HAVE PARENTS THEY NEED! IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO SHAPE THEM INTO PRODUCTIVE RESPONSIBILE MEMBERS OF SOCIETY IT IS A PART OF LOVING THEM...DON'T DROP THE BALL!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2009