Anyone experience any adverse effects from taking nifedipine during pregnancy for preterm labor

Has anyone used nifedipine during pregnancy for preterm labor. It is a class c drug during pregnancy(meaning it has shown stuides indicating adverse effects on fetus). I was on brethine before(with my first pregnancy and this one) but after being switched to every 4hrs instead of 6hrs(it wasnt keeping labor stopped on 6hrs) it was determined my body was not handling the effects of the brethine well (dizziness, fast heart rate, shortness of breath) I am being switched to nifedipine tommorow morning. Brethine is a class b drug meaning it is not likely to cause adverse effects on the fetus. I would like to know if this is safe to be doing..i would rather suck up the effects of the brethine than risk harming my child.

soccernerd1223

Asked by soccernerd1223 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No answers yet