is this depression?

I have gotten to the point i don't wanna clean house anymore, my childern don't help they whine about helping throwing a fit. i just want to sleep in or take a nap cause i really don't wanna look at my house and deal with the mess. i don't get prettyed up anymore at all. i have gain weight. or is this just a thing that i am not happy? or would it be depression?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• You sound depressed I would seek medical attention-I had a nervous breakdown about 6 years ago now and what you are describing is how I started on my downward spiral-after having the breakdown I saw a psychiatrist and a psychologist -the psychiatrist for the meds and psychologist to help talk through what got me there and how to avoid it happen again. Don't get me wrong there are days that I still get down and out but no where near where I was then...and I don't have to take meds-I learned not to worry about things I have no control of and to be thankful for each day-and sometimes that is hard-but it gets better.
    AlabamaGrl

Answer by AlabamaGrl at 10:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Depression in the Winter is very common. Has it been going on for a long time, or just since winter?

Talk to your Doctor about it, but find a reason to get up and get going .. Kids whine, so get them motivated with you ... I give mine chores in exchange for me to take them places they want to go. We go to the gym as a family once a week and they really enjoy that .. some call it bribery, and I don't care as long as I get results!
    Anonymous

• Sounds like depression to me been there done that and it's no fun go talk with your DR as soon as possible Good luck
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 12:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Totally depressed! Sleep is one major sign. Get some help hon. Talk to someone...even us and get some help and inspiration. I know it is hard but you need to suck it up and crack the whip. Your kids whine because you let them. You need to go "book of revelations" on your kids and your house. You will feel better about parenting when you feel in charge and your house is in order. Force yourself to shower and slap on a bit of eye liner. Start slow...but don't let yourself fall by the wayside...life is short...keep reaching out...we are here for you!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2009