how do i know if this pain is normal?

I'm a little over 3 weeks pregant. I started having really bad pain yesterday. I went to the emergency room because I was worried. The doctor told me it was just muscle stretching and everything growing. Well today it hurts me to pretty much do anything. To walk, sit down, move, or use the bathroom. So I was just wondering if anyone else had this or if i was normal. thanks for the help

brittanychick0

Asked by brittanychick0 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You could have a UTI infection. It can make you hurt all over. Did your doc check your urine?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yeah they checked my urine and took blood. They said I don't have any kind of infections and everything looks normal
    brittanychick0

Answer by brittanychick0 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Ok. I would suggest a good rule of thumb is if you're not bleeding (although, bleeding can be normal for some pregnancies) or doubled over in pain....all is good at this point.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Pretty much what Southerncharmes said. Pains are normal... lots of stuff is stretching and moving.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it unless you see bleeding. My first pregnancy I cramped so bad and laid in bed all day. I went to the emergency room twice thinking something was wrong, but nothing ever was. Now I'm in my second pregnancy and my cramps are not as bad. I really wouldn't worry about it. The doctors always say slight cramping is normal. Remember all pregnancys are different so unless you see bleeding, don't worry about all the weird cramps and everything else that your body will go through. Good luck!
    Anonymous