Do you think it is okay for mothers to put their children in beauty pageants?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes
    Anonymous

• I think little girls should be little girls.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 10:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It depends on the child. If the childdoesn't want it then no. If he/she is all for it then sure. So long as it's not crazy.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I have never liked beauty pageants even the Miss America pageant. I don't like to see women parade around and be judge mostly on their looks. That goes double for children.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• ONLY if the child wants to do it whole-heartedly. The exact second she decides she doesn't want to do it anymore, the mother should stop.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• HELL No! That is so barbarick and wrong! Especially when you see children 3 and under doing them. They look so miserable and their fat ugly mothers force them to wear a big itchy dress and parade around like little whores! I HATE THAT CHIT!!!
    Anonymous

• If the child wants to and as long as it was for fun then I don't see a problem with it. My problem is when they put too much make up and the parents force their children into it, etc.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Has anyone else noticed that the parents who put their children in pageants are always fat ugly low income families?
    Anonymous

• Hahah anon 9:48
    Anonymous

• Anon: You are just a troll. I can tell which posts are yours everywhere. Are people being fat or ugly all you talk about? You're an ass! Barbaric? . . . talk about using a word out of context!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2009