cant call my doc till tomorrow so i wanted some advice from you!?

I'm 13/14 weeks prego and have had lower back pain all day.... and pressure in my lower stomach. Its to the point it hurts to sit down. I wanna lay down so bad. Im scared that something might be wrong but without any spotting or bleeding i dont want to go to the ER... Anyone experiance this?

NO BASHING BECUASE I KNOW TO CALL ME DOC FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 10:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had pain like like that when I was 16 weeks. Exaclty what you are describing and my doc said that I had a UTI and that I was dehydrated so he kept me in the hospital overnight on an IV. If I wer you I would go to the ER. Better to be safe than sorry.
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It could be few things....
    1. UTI infection
    2. Normal stretching/growing of uterus

You are right...if you don't have any bleeding and your not in massive pain the chances are everything is just fine. Best wishes. I hope you get some well needed rest.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree just rest and stay off your feet. I wouldn't worry about it unless you start bleeding.
    Anonymous

• If you are in that much pain you can call the Dr on call. If your urine is not very clear chug water like a mad woman. also try a warm shower could be muscle issues.
    momma_boop

Answer by momma_boop at 11:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• ligament pain. Its normal. Call the doc, still, but I bet everything is fine. At this stage your body is changing REALLY fast, and you will get hip joint/pelvic/ligament/uterine/etc. pain constantly. Relax and enjoy the feeling of growing a person. And also enjoy the fact that you can still do some things - here in about three months, you won't be able to.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I had a lot of pain as well around that time, my doctor told me it was just the ligaments stretching... your uterus has ALOT of stretching to do in the short amount of time that it has... but i know, it is super uncomfortable.
    tiffani_qt2001

Answer by tiffani_qt2001 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Could be gas too.Lay on your left side and relax.Without bleeding there's nothing they could do in the ER really.
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• when things like this happen where you cant call your dr., call the L&D department at the hospital and ask the nurses
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Something else, in case it's a UTI, start drinking cranberry juice if you have any or can get some.

Maybe you can try laying on your side on the couch - sort of half on your side, half on your back, leaning against the back of the couch with a pillow for your lower back. That might make it at least a little more comfortable for you to rest.

I hope you feel better!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2009