My son sleeps in the bed with us how do I get him into his own room???

My son is almost 2. I had been very sick for a while and started letting him sleep with us!! Now Im doing better but i cant get him to sleep in his room again =( Its hurting my marrige. I cant stand to let him stay in there and cry.

sarahd1985

Asked by sarahd1985 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried staying in his room with him? If he's in a toddler bed...do you lay with him? Sing to him?

Those are the only thoughts I have if you don't want him to cry it out.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i just moved our daughters toddler bed into our room i hope i can get her to sleep in it in there and then eventually move it back to her room
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well thats a lesson learned! I did the same thing for awyle and i learned real quick not to start something that i will have to fix later. What i did is i would just sit with my son, read him a book, or sing to him... then tell him goodnight and put him into his crib.

He might cry but i would say most of the times that my son cried it was only for about 10 mins untill he fell asleep.
    coltonsmum523

Answer by coltonsmum523 at 12:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I do the same. I also move my kids to a bed next to mine at around 2 and then to their own room at three. So far, we've never had a problem. In the begining they would crawl back into my bed but they always get used to it after a few days. There is no need for CIO, I've never used it and never had a problem. WIth my youngest we used the book the No Cry Sleep Solution to help with his sleep as he took longer to sleep through than the rest and I have a baby coming soon, you may want to try that. It took only a week and a half before I got the results I wanted. It helps with any sleep issues you may have. Good luck!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2009