• In the Spotlight:

Have you ever fallen down stairs while holding a child?

I fell down the stairs while holding my 23 month old two days ago. Scared the living daylights out of me, but she's just fine. I'm just wondering how many people have done this.

Jmum

Asked by Jmum at 11:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is my fear every time I go down the stairs. It would scare the crap out of me too! I'm sorry you had to go through it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My husband did that with our first when she was 1 - 1 1/2 old. Her leg bounced against the step and left a bruise. He felt so bad, even though his elbows were all beat up because he instantly wrapped around her and took the brunt of it himself!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i know a lady who did with her 6 or 7 month old and the poor baby broke her leg, the mother was horrified!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• omg! i make my husband carry her down the stairs, I have cerebral palsy so my balance is horrible, and i'm scared i'll fall, she'll hit her head and get cp too
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 11:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Never fell down stairs but I did drop my 2 month old on the kitchen floor that was 21 years ago,Now when he acts like a fool I blame it on that incedent that happened years ago.OOPS sorryJordan lol
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• How horrible! no i haven't but my mom fell getting off a bus when she was carrying my older sister and she was only 2 months old. She gripped on to that baby with her dear life. Luckily they were both ok. You can imagine me hearing this story as we grew up and everytime my sister and i faught i would yell back at her I WISH MY MOM WOULD HAVE DROPPED YOU!!
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY 6 MONTH OLD I WAS HOLDING MY 2 YEAR OLD I WAS STILL LIVING IN MICHIGAN WAS WALKING DOWN MY MOMS PORCH STAIRS SHE WARNED ME AND OFFERED HELP I JUST LEFT WITHOUT HER THEN I SLIPPED HOLDING MY 2 YEAR OLD AND A BAG OF CLOTHES MY 3 YEAR OLD SAID MAMA GET UP! INSTEAD OF ASKING IF IM OK LOL THANK GOD IT WAS DARK IT WAS WINTER BY THE WAY SO THE STAIRS WERE ICY
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• When we had stairs, that was my biggest fear. Thankfully, it never happened.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I tripped on the way up the stairs, but it was okay, because I landed on my forearm and dd never touched the steps. It scared me though . . no more long nightgowns.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have. I was carrying my then 2 1/2yo son and I was 8 mos. pregnant with my 3rd son. I had to carry him down the stairs and I got to about 4 stairs from the bottom and missed a step (I was HUGE and couldn't see much on the ground at that point) and fell. I twisted in such a contorted way so as to not hit my stomach or squash my son. It scared the crud out of me.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009