Anyone use Zoloft while pregnant??

im currently 7 weeks and taking 50 mg of zoloft. i began suffering from GAD during my first pregnancy and then had horrible postpartum. my doc says this is the safest depression meds that should be used and if i stop it will likely be worse for the baby. i do plan on halfing my dose for the third trimester however which is suposed to be the worst. Anyone take this medicine or another antidepressant while prego?? How did it work out and what miligram??

NO BASHING PLZ! ONLY NICE HELPFUL ANSWERS! THANKS TO THOSE WHO REPLY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took 50mg of zoloft throughout my entire pregnancy. My doctor felt that the benefits outweighed the risk. I have been on anti-depressants since the age of 15, I do not do well when taken off of the meds. My son was born compl etely healthy at 38 weeks gestation. Hope this helps! Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 11:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i just went in to the dr yesterday for depression pills..zoloft is the one antidepressant w the lowest risks they like to give pregnant women. he didnt give it to me though for 2 reasons. 1, i had a weird reaction when i tried taking it a year ago and 2 im 27wks so the antidepressant i am taking (prozac) isn't going to hurt me or the baby becuase im past the first trimester and i 'can't make a birth defect'(those are his words). ..you can't just stop taking any antidepressant at any time pregnant or not. it could make you worse than before you started taking the pills.. an anti depressant is not a pill you just stop, you Have to be slowly weaned off it. if you're dr. says its safe, then take the docs word!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I was taking zoloft 50mg as well. I took it throughout my last 2 pregnancys. My 3rd baby was born at 6 lbs 3 oz. at 39 weeks and my 4th baby was born at 8 lbs 9 oz. at 39 weeks. So yeah its ok to take it if you are under the care of your doctor. I took it for mood swings. I hope that helps. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Peanut315

Answer by Peanut315 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I'm taking 200mgs and 8months.
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 2:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• There are some women who have used Zoloft while they were pregnant but there is are possible birth defects that the baby might develop. This is why some obstetricians are against taking any kind of medication during pregnancy. Although it needs addictional studies, possible birth defects are still something to consider when making your decision. You may also visit zoloft lawsuit.

AngelenaMays

Answer by AngelenaMays at 11:40 AM on Apr. 25, 2012