Single mom came from a bad background, and feel stuck in the adult industry, and tryin to go toschool too? Any advice for change?

Not many friends yet. Very single and mother to almost a 2 yr old. Not sure as to how to go about assistance and even explain for what I've had to do for survival. Still I'm here and so is my son and good advice on change is all I'm asking for.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• it is awesome that you want to change. first you have to make a plan and stick to it maybe go back to school. you can even go online like University of Phoenix, second get out the adult industy you can get a job somewhere else it might not be that much many but you can be proud of it. you can maybe get on asstiance but you are worth more then the job you are doing. you also need to seek a realthionship with God he is the only one that can help you , and ask for forgivness we all fall and teh Lord will always catch you. you need to do what is best for you and your child and that is making a better life for you and your child God Bless
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

ISAIAHMOM632007

• I've sold my body (back in high school) for cocaine. Been there done that. You have got to just up and leave that lifestyle.
    Anonymous

• If you are interested in going to college find one nearby that has a program you are interested in. Talk to the financial aid office & admissions office. As a single woman with a child you are probably eligible for grants, student loans & maybe even scholarships. You don't have to explain your job(s) to anyone, just provide income information (tax forms).
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• the best thing would be to move far away from the situation if you can. out of state or far as you can. get away from old friends and look for new. you don't have to tell anyone anymoret than you want to. I'm so glad that you have decided to value the most important thing...YOU!! You are your child's best role model, so model what you want your child to become someday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I'm a single mommy aswell.. and im going to school in the fall... mmm if you want to talk more send me a mess.. i know what your going through i have not ever dont the "adult industry" (i'm WAY to shy for that) but i know times are ruff... the only thing i can really tell you is find your "Knitch?" Some its some of these are at home stuff and some are factory work... some work at fast food... and i think its like a hidden law that your supose to go to be a waitress when your in college hahahaha.. but you can get a pell grant prolly! i got one, manly because of me having my daughter :) ask and you shall recieve =)
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 2:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Baby steps. Take one day at a time. If you are a single mom, there are programs out there, you just have to apply. Like state funded programs. You may be able to get grants for being a single mom. You may qualify for free assistance. There are so many options. Just take it one day at a time, and Good Luck and God Bless!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 4:47 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Although I've never been where you are exactly I've been pretty close. There are lots of ways to get out of where you are. I first step is wanting to... You've done that! Visit your local assistance office and see what type of help you can get from the state. If you want to go to school there are tons of ways to go about that too! Online, Off line, Part and Full time. Sit down and decide what is best for you. I decided it was best for me to stay at home and start my own business. I now love what I do! And it opens SO many doors. I also agree that you need to get away from where you are. Get out of your rut. That's tough but do able. Keep your head up! If you need to talk or are interested in starting a legit business let me know! I am always glad to help anyone who wants to help themselves!! Please don't think I will judge... Like I said I've been there, I just didn't have a kid yet.

Keep Safe! Goddess Bless!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• http://www.finaid.org/
    You can apply for financial aid online. If you sign up for an online school just make sure you see if they accept govt financial aid so you don't get stuck with paying tuition yourself. make sure it is an accredited university as well. You can also enroll in an established university and take online classes from that institution if you cant get a sitter or time away to attend classes at the campus; however, it might be a good socialization opportunity for you. I am so proud of you for wanting out of that industry. I hear the money can be good but what it can do to your self esteem and confidence can negate what good there is. Find yourself and see how wonderful that can be. Taking control of your own life is powerful. I always said with money comes power and with power comes control. I like how2 you are not going to let "their" money control your life anymore.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I moved away from bad influences when my son was 3 and I was 21. I moved to a place where nobody new me and I worked at Hooters to put myself through college. I chose a town that had a low cost of living, a university and a Hooters. I had daycare assistance and foodstamps - I always made too much money as a waitress for cash assistance. I made lots of friends that were going to college too. Now I'm married, have a Master's in social work and a beautiful home. You can do it! pm me and we can talk more.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 9:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2008