Is my 19 month old getting enough sleep?

My daughter use to go to bed around 7:30 pm and wake up around 8:30-9:00am and take 2 naps durning the day. Durning the holidays her schedule got completley thrown off because of visiting family and staying at their homes. Anyways I have got her back on a schedule, but It is more like 8:30pm and wakes up at 7am and only 1 nap that maybe last 45 mins. Is she getting enough sleep? 7am is so early!

Mommy2lilAllie

Asked by Mommy2lilAllie at 11:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sometimes when they aren't in a growth spurt they might not need as much sleep as they used to. Keep trying and maybe when she needs more sleep she will start sleeping in later. Good luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• The best way to tell is by looking at her :~) Does she wake up from naps refreshed and ready to play, or is she cranky? Is she cranky when she wakes up in the morning? These are the best ways to tell.

I believe that a child around 15-18 months needs 12-15 hours daily. Sounds like you're doing alright! I don't follow a strict schedule with my LO--when she's tired, she sleeps. Some nights it is at 9pm, and some she falls asleep at 630p. If you are reading your child's cues, and putting her down when she's tired (but not OVERtired) then you're doing what's right.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2009