How do I respark my husbands interest in me?

He sleeps more than anything else lately. We haven't been intimate in weeks, not even cuddling. He shows no interest in me at all. I am left juggling a demanding job, kids, household chores, and school. While he sleeps like Rip Van Winkle lately I am left with maybe 2-3 hours of sleep a night.

Susie423

Asked by Susie423 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• get naked!!! or give him an ultimatum... he needs to step up and be a part of the family, that's his job!...ohh to be able to sleep like rip van winkle...
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well, does he work? Can you just leave him to care for the kids one saturday while you go work out, buy a new lipstick and bring home takeout? The best way to get him interested is to be interested in yourself. If your self-esteem is healthy and you feel good about yourself, he'll notice. If you are too tired, unhappy, etc. he'll feel that too. You need childcare help either through him or a sitter. Get some time to take care of yourself and he'll follow.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• OMG same here.I'm 16wks prego with baby #5....home all day with the kids, low on my iron, don't get any naps, house is almost spotless when he gets home, I have dinner waiting and as soon as he is done with supper he lays on the couch and falls asleep!!While I'm left cleaning up supper and the getting the kids cleaned and off to bed.Just isn't fair! I think my hubby is depressed.He is in the Army and will be deploying in 6mths and he'll be gone 3mths out of the 6 for training....I wake him up and demand sex or even if I just want to cuddle.I tell him he has to either do that or I'll leave him on the couch the whole not...I usually get my way!
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Thanks, you just confirmed what I was thinking. I would like to sleep like that too.
    Susie423

Answer by Susie423 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• lol way to go armywife!! show them who's the woman lmao
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 11:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Thanks all. My self esteem is a bit down, dealing with health issues and the weight gain on mid life. As far as telling hubby he has to sleep on the couch all night, he would do it without a complaint.
    Susie423

Answer by Susie423 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I know he is depressed and I've even talked to his BF about it.Just not sure how to bring it up to him about it.I have PPD after my 4th baby.It was hard even to say anything to my doc about it!
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I normally go get him in the middle of the night but I pretty much lay on top of him if I want to cuddle.I have weight gain in the mid section(16wks prego LOL).Don't mind me too much.I'm really goofy tonight....too much bday cake!!
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• pretend to have a secret admirer. Send yourself flowers. idk
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 2:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2009