Diaper question

When you are changing your little one and they pee on the brand new diaper, do you throw that diaper away and put on a new one, or let them pee in it again before changing it? Dd always seems to pee while I'm changing her, so I always throw the diapers away, but gosh, I sure go through a lot of diapers and it usually isn't a lot of pee. Just wondering what other mothers do . . .

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she usually pees when you change her, than try to trick her body. Let air get to her by opening the diaper but don't change it yet, leave it open for a minute or 2 and see if she pees then you can change it. How old is she. My son went through sooooooooo many diapers until about 3 months or so, even then we went through 100 diapers a week!
    jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I always threw it away. Even if its just a little, i am sure she doesn't want to be sitting in a wet diaper... plus i would think she would get a rash faster like that. Your doing the right thing IMO. LOL. Have you thought about switching to cloth diapers? They make CD that are almost the same as disposables (in design), only you wash and re use them. You can save so much money by switching!!
    Klynn-whitlow

Answer by Klynn-whitlow at 12:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• to me it depends like if my ds pees while im pitting the diaper under him and it goes on the inside [as long as its not a whole lot , which it usually isnt] i leave it but for some odd reason if he pees on the outside i throw due to the fact that i dont it to get all ovee his clothes lol
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• She is 6 months old. Oh, when she was first born, I swear she went through like 20 diapers a day. She was always wearing nightgowns, because I was constantly changing her.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Change it....sitting in a wet diaper can lead to diaper rash....keep them as clean and dry as possible...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Of course you change it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2009