mucous plug?

hello...I'm about 37 weeks pregnant....about 2 weeks away from due date. I noticed today that I had some blood on my panties....this never happened before. It doesn't have any thick white discharge or anything like that. Can this be my mucous plug coming out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You mucus plug look like brown snot...not blood.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• it could its not alot tho.. when I lost mine is brownish discharge with a lil blood not a alot... you can loose up to 3 weeks before you actually go into labor it jus depends on your body I went into labor with in 4 hours
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Have you had sex, a pap or exercise today...those things can cause bleeding.Don't remember if you can have bloody show before the mucus plug comes out.Mine always came out before and I didn't bleed till I was in labor on the way to the hospital.I'd call Labor and Deliver and ask the nurses!
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• it could be ur bloody show!!!!!
    lol i really dont know how to explain wut it is
    but my child birth teacher all ways says
    it can come before or after losing ur mucus plug but most of the time it comes before labor
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my nurse today was tellin me that your mucus (how ever u spell it) can look like this. it could be jus the beginnin of it... sometmes it doesnt all come out at once... but it can be blood not jus "brown snot" like someone else said... plus everyone is different so id say yeh its very likely but if u wanta knw for sure im sure ur dr could tell you=] congrats an good luck!!
    shaniasmomma

Answer by shaniasmomma at 2:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2009