Another baked Christmas gift question?

I LOVED everyone's take on how great homemade gifts are for Christmas. SO how about any ideas on something that is not really fattening? Maybe I could put like 1/2 sweets in with 1/2 something a little healtheir? Any ideas?

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 8:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Shopping

• We love making our own granola here and giving it out to friends and family. The kids can get creative as to, which nuts, berries, and what not to add. It's a fun gift you can give year round as well! As for baking, we like to make mini muffins, there are plenty of "good for you" recipes out there. We make pumpkin, cranberry, banana, zuchinni muffins. People love them! They are great for breakfast muchies or, for people who entertain or have lots of family in for the holidays!
    TaLouLaBelle

Answer by TaLouLaBelle at 11:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2008

• How about homemade bread and add a few jams and jellies?
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• AAhhh great idea!!!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• i do dried fruits and trail mix, also look in to homemade hot chocolate
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 11:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I know this isn't exactly homemade, but my grandma loved it and I've made it a yearly tradition. I had no clue what to give her so I filled a stocking with natural whole fruit jellies from Whole Foods. I knew she ate jelly every morning so it made me feel good to give her something I knew she would use and was healthier!
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Bread and jellies is a cute idea, Or making your own premixed bread,muffin, quick bread ingredients. I know I mentioned this on a previous question but I know several none-cookers who like just adding wet and perishable ingredients.Just toss them in a decorative jar or container and your a good to go. You can make your own granola, or if you have a dehydrator can make your own dried fruit snacks. or jerky which a lot of my family love as gifts. I love getting biscotti which you can add dried fruits and nuts too and great for coffee and hot tea drinkers alike. I know it is tech. a cookie but I like em. I made banana bread and pumpkin bread for everyone one year. I know still sweet but its made of banana and pumpkin so that makes it okay ;)
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 3:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• pretzels dipped in chocolate only on the tip with sprinkles is what i do and i make them sugar free.
    Anonymous

• Granola as in loose or a bar? Sounds healthy!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2008