OMG it bothers me is that bad?

My hubby has a tatoo that he has had sence he was 17 he has had it for 10yrs. And I cant stand it. Everytime I see it I get this feeling in my stomach. It is a tatoo of his Ex-Girlfriends name. He got it when he was 17 and he was with her til we got together 3yrs ago. He hasnt gotten rid of it yet. I just cant stand to look at his arm and see LINDSAY EVERYDAY. Is it wrong that it bothers me? Oh an the reason he hasnt gotten rid of it yet is because he wants to cover it up with a clown and he hasnt been able to find the "right" one yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• It would bother me if my hubby had another girls named tattooed on him...
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Whoops I spelt tattoo wrong didnt I Sorry I need sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• everyone has a past..some happen to 'ink' it on their bodies...you said they were together until three years ago, when you happened along...did you think your presence would just 'undo' his past? ok....i feel ya, if he really wanted to please you, then he'd find the right clown to cover it up..but really, does your relationship rely on what is on his body/in his past?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• you also spelled 'spelt' wrong..its not a word. get some sleep, honey.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I know I just saw that. Sorry and I know he has a past but and it isnt to please me I have never told him to get it covered up he decided that on his own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• As someone with tattoos, I know that it's not really easy to cover an old tattoo and he would most likely be picky about what he was getting to cover it up with. I can understand why it would bother you to see it, but think of how it must make him feel to have it on his body.

This is why you never tattoo your SOs name on your body. It's bad luck ; )
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I hear ya. One of my friends has her kid name inside a rose. Her DH got jealous cause he wanted his name on the rose too, She told him that he may not always be her husband but her child would always be her child.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It wouldn't bother me one bit. Everyone has a past and tattoos are a pain in the ass to cover. I have one (not a name) that I really want to cover up.. but can't because I have to find the right size/color design to do it and can't decide.

It's understandable why it does bother you, but ignore it..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't like it.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't like it either... I have a hard enough time forgetting about his past mistakes but it would be even harder if it were right in my face every day! and I would hate to make love and have to see that name and wonder if he's thinking of her if he loved that much to put her name on his body...some people will tattoo anything on them..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2009