What can I expect from my CPS interview?

My daughters school called DCF and said another child at her school told parent that my 5 year old has sex with her father while I watch.This is absurd and my daughter informed us that it was infact the other little girl that was educating her. My daughter is a normal happy healthy 5 year old and I'm so upset and overwhelmed by this whole process. my husband and I have been physically I'll over this whole case and I'm nervous that CPS will only further harm and educate my harmless beautiful baby girl....please help any info is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

• CPS will come by the house and interview the family as a whole, then probably the parents separately, and probably the child separately. If what your daughter said was true (that the other girl was really the one who said it) it will be very apparent to the worker. It is almost impossible for young children to lie about such stuff, and if they do lie, that is pretty obvious in their body language too.

Try not to interject or speak for your daughter during the interviews, it will make you look guilty. Let her speak, and then answer the questions when it is your turn. And don't worry...workers usually have a ton of experience w/ this subject and are pretty keen at detecting the truth. And when your daughter shares where she heard what she heard...CPS will be at their door too.

Don't worry. CPS is only doing their job.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 1:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2012

• personally? i would refuse them entry without a police provided court order to enter. you have nothing you have to prove or show them
    couponluv72

Answer by couponluv72 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2012

• THEY GONNA dig in ur business come over ur house unexpected smh...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2012

• allI can say is YIKES one of these kids knows too much already at this age. Hang in ther and GL
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2012

• " i would refuse them entry without a police provided court order to enter. you have nothing you have to prove or show them "

And that is the surest way of convincing them that you HAVE something to hide.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2012

• I would go get a lawyer fast and run.... they tend to believe the children even if u know there lieing.i pray that u get them out your life fast i pray that they believe u.

21Brook

Answer by 21Brook at 9:30 PM on May. 13, 2012

• do u have any other children in the house? if so they will question them also.. don't agree or sign nothing without a lawer looking at it.
    21Brook

Answer by 21Brook at 9:36 PM on May. 13, 2012

• CPS will come by the house and interview the family as a whole
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2012