Does any one get scared...

When you take a shower at night time while your hubby is at work and your baby/kid is sleeping.?

I always think someone is standing in the doorway and is gonna kill me or just scare the crap out of me.

I'm always thinking about scaring things while I'm up by myself...I hate it.

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i meant to say scary ^
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I used to be that way, but I finally got over it. Hubby is always gone (he's in the Army) and I was seriously driving myself crazy.
    xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Yes, I've seen too many scary movies that climax at the shower scene. I hate it. I would lock my bathroom door but then I'm afraid they'll just be waiting outside the locked bathroom. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Too many horror movies for you! lol.
    Maybe get a see through curtain?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It might help to keep lamps on and tv's on for some noise. Sometimes just the quietness can freak me out....you tend to hear every little movement. Have you ever thought about getting a dog? Or maybe you have one.....I have 3 dogs and they all bark when anyone approaches the house so i know all is okay if they aren't barking.

Try taking your showers earlier in the evening ( I assumed it was night when you take a shower) and maybe it will help with the scare factor. :-)

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Lol Yes.. and I have to keep my bedroom door shut jus a lil so I cant see the hall way or I get scared.. or when I walk down the hall and pass the bathroom door I have to look at the wall so I dont see my reflection in the mirror..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Im a realllll scary cat, my shower curtain is see thru, haha, ALSO, when i moved to TX for the first time all i could think about was TeX chainsaw massicer, I slept with a knife under my pillow for 6 months( hubby was in training) Im such a whoose
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 12:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• nope..i cherish those moments..i can take a shower/bath, shave my legs, 'etc' and enjoy not having to rush. when my son is awake, or the dh is home..one or both of them is coming in/out of the bathroom constantly..when i lock the door, either one of them is shaking the lock..hub-'why you got the door locked?' duh! ...son-'momma--open the door!'...yeah, i cherish those stolen moments of quiet cleansing.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• EVERY NIGHT...and for the see through curtain thing...no. I saw the movie mirrors, so my see through shower curtain makes me feel like the "mirror" can get me lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have been divorced for a few years and I feel very confident when doing certain things but I also have that part of my brain that messes it all up and scares the crap out of me. i.e. my trash cans are kind of far from the back door and just as I am close enough to dump the trash (like at 1am), I drop the bags and run my fata$$ back into the house because I suddenly decide to remember the story my brother told me about a guy sitting on the brick wall actually not even sitting more like stuck to it like a fly and calling quietly "woooo hoooo"! Sometimes I want to smoke a cigarette and have scared myself to the point where I have my upper 1/2 of my body out the door and my legs in the house, lol you know in case the monster wants to get me I have a head start.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2009