Do you ever feel your kids where a mistake?

I didnt feel anything when my DD was born...nothing, not love, hate...NOTHING!! But the day of her first birthday I knew I loved her...why is this? I would never trade her for anything, so why didnt I feel anything when she was born??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in About CafeMom

• at first , before she was born I did. But now that i have her , Ide never go back, ... But my mother did always said she wishes we ( my sis & bros) were never born & that we were all mistakes...
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 12:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i am 23 and i have 4 kids and one on the way and no i dont i love them to much to ever think that yes they get on my nerves a lot but they got three moments where i would of hated never to have them around i love them
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• NEVER my children are my world - never ever could be put in the same sentence as mistake
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I love my son.. Hes mite of been an accidental birth but it was the best accident I have ever made...
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Because you didn't have an opportunity to bond with her yet! It's a new beginning for everyone... some mothers feel it right away, some have to warm up to the idea. It's a giant step and one that sometimes doesn't come easy. But it sure doesn't take long to bond with them does it.....
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• for some people it takes longer to feel a true connection with their children. i still dont feel TOTALLY connected to my son. i love him dearly but some days he doesnt feel like hes mine. my midwife told me that for some people that was normal and that some people just arent baby people and some people have a bad fit with their children. i heard with 2nd children it gets easier :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Never I waited 35 years to get pregnant with my daughter and would not change for it the world even on those days that she drives me crazy.
    matilda05

Answer by matilda05 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had the same emotion you did when my daughter was born! No Love..No Hate..I think i was just too shocked that her little body just came out of mine..LOL But I love her sooo much now :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• From the moment I found out I was pregnant I was completely in love with my children, the first time I saw each of them I felt something deep for each of them, with my first I cried and cried tears of joy I loved him so much it was overwhelming, I wasnt prepared for how I would feel when I first saw him, with my second we were just so thankful he was alive it was a scary birth and all i wanted to do was hold on and never let go of him (it is still like that 8 years later) with my daughter when i first saw her i felt an instant connection to her when we said her name she would turn and look at us, i felt like she was the missing piece in our lives.

We were the type of parents that from the moment we were pregnant we talked to the babies, so to us they were very real even before birth and i think we both felt that moment of seeing them was the best ever. No I never wish i hadnt had them my life would feel empty otherwise.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2009